Monday, June 4, 2007

To the beach we come

Yesterday we went to east coast park! I was lazing around on the mat while dear dear went to jog. Toby was sniffing ard and marking his terrorities. But when i took out the frisbee, he was excited!! Still yet to learn how to grip the flying frisbee and return to me. He likes to grip it and take it far far away hee;)




Ya east coast beach is real packed as compared to the past. We saw tents closely pitched up next to each other, and there are more than 10 of them at one spot!! Even the beach is packed with pple now. Where can we go in the future???

Reached hm bath toby and headed for breakfast at rivervale mall. Dear dear wanted to cut his hair but i thought it looked fine, so didn't in the end. Along the way, we were chatting if given a chance we wldn't study the course we had studied. Instead, (for dear dear) he desired to be geologist, archilogist (dunno), those to do with nature...Mmm i was rather surprised by that hee. Likewise for me, maybe i'll study geography. Hmm we are really a match ha ha. Thereaft, I took a short nap while dear he played ps2 again ;p

My mil called to ask us go hm early as ah-ma and er-gu wld be joining us for dinner and visit my sil after that. Becos of this, our poor toby got to stay hm yesterday. Reached hm, got to know that my sil may be suffering fr post natal depression. Even the confinemt lady was saying so too. My sil cried a lot for the past 2 days. Worried abt not enough milk and many other things like why baby sleeps so much; why baby wakes up; why he is crying etc . She even worried abt the confinemt lady. Somehow felt that she is an outsider. My sil also worried if she can cope if her hubby goes back to work on Tue. That's really signs of depression. Guess its really a challenge for her given that she super dislikes kids before this. And she insists on giving full breastmilk and hasn't been resting enough (got chance to rest, she didn't rest).


So in the end the solution is to shift back to my mil's place for 1 mth. She feels more secure there. Guess its gd for her. But you know what, my 'wonderful' fil is really super insensitive with the words he used. He is not too bad person in heart but in words he fails badly. Imagine your daughter already feeling super lousy, he commented that its better that she shifted back to stay with them. Why? Becos "your hse is too nicely deco, so you wldn't feel comfortable to see the hse so messy. Unlike my hse, long time never paint, old sofa, hmm you'll feel better there."..."You also can't hv anyone (outsider) stay with you one, not even a maid". I was thinking in my heart, she is already so helpless, with your "kind" words, she will feel "indebted/uncomfortable" to come hm, yet she really can't cope.



And my pil like to compare themselves with us...why why..last time policeman wear shorts le. Now the environmt is different, the upbringing is also different, how to compare. If i hv a baby, i really dread having all these folks around. I mean they can offer gd advice but too much is eeee.

At the same time, i was sharing with dear dear abt my concerns whether i'll be in the same stage too. But knowing him, he said "Hmm i know you very strong one, sure can handle"..ok ok what can i say. But i learn that, its impt to take things easy. Can give formula milk if not enought breastmilk. Is not a do or don't thing. As long as the baby is growing healthy, its fine. Even dear dear is fed on formula milk as my mil has not enough breastmilk. And he is doing fine now. Mm really not easy being a mother. Last night, really give me a cold shoulder hee. Thankfully dear dear assured me that i'll be fine as i take gd care of toby and love him. ok ok that's comforting hee ;) though i know its different hee but gd enough to let me hv a gd night sleep.



Pics of my nephew, brandon


Oh ya we borrowed a rubis' cube hm to play. So interesting, i never ever solved it!! My brother was so frustrated then, that he simply dissemble it hee. Last night, my brilliant dear dear went to the net to search for solution. Indeed, we found one! Finally, we managed to solve the cube...hee thru following instructions ;p wow there are over 100 turns!! We tried to study how pple turn the silly cube hee.

Dear dear managed to form one side of the cube - the 1st step to learning the tricks of rubis ' cube. Me a bit stupid, struggle the whole morning, still cannot. ok will try later.

Hmm later will be going to the doc as haven't been feeling too well for the past 1-2 weeks. Remember the yellowish nails. Also my lower intestines had been painful, especially when i am hungry, i'll feel really nauseous. Some nights i wld hv very bad cramps too. Now i hv backache as well. Oh ya, there was once my urine, really stinko, smells like nail polish remover!! Later going to raffles medical so that dear dear can claim...hee the privilege.

I always joke i am the sicko queen. Always sick until i become expert in medication. But the main reason is also becos my intestines are not gd, even i eat alot my body is not absorbing the nutrients. On the positive side, i will stay in shape hee. Will continue to take care of myself hee ;)

ok got to go.

No comments: