Thursday, January 25, 2007

Time is Running Out

So fast, its Thu alreadi. Only left with 4 & 1/2 days with dear dear be4 he leaves for U.S. Leaving on next Mon afternoon (We r still discussing if i shld go airport with him. I don't mind as just wanna hold his hand but he's worried i come hm alone & also he can check in early to enjoy the facilities that w his colleagues. True its a nice place to explore). Really miss him alot alot. I guess its becos I'm not working, nothing to keep me occupy. But glad that he misses me too. Each morning he comes to touch my face and see me sleep, i know he misses me too! Hee i always ask him if he'll miss me, eventhough i know he wld, just wanna hear fr him say "Yes" regardless the no. of times hee.

As usual, i'll be nagging to him (hee still it sticks to his mind) and say i miss & worry abt him. Worry if he's ok on flight (super long hrs), worry for his safety on road (he'll be driving around), worry for his health (as he get cold rash easily)...hee i guess these are my main concerns. Why??? Becos' i watched news & U.S is now in bad snow storm. Even California freezes (this is suppose to be sunshine state). And my dear sky always take things easy in terms of clothing. He said he'll be staying in the hotel for conference thru out but i always remind him "what if" scenarios leh. Hee i guess all these sink in him today finally...i guess he realise that he is taking care of himself no longer just for himself but for others (like me & toby ha ha)

He silly boy called me this morning, so unusual to rec' his call and he cried on the phone!! Scare the freak out of me. BUT its a prank! Silly him but still loves him hee. Why he call? Becos he got an interview tomorrow at 4pm. So happy for him, he sent his resume just 2 days ago, that's quick response. My prayer for him is God will open the door for him if this is the right one, if not just shut the door. Ultimately God knows what's the best for him & us. And i m writting this down to remind myself to remind him. Remind him that while he's being interviewed, he also needs to interview them. As he's alreadi 31 this yr, don't think he'll make much career move till later stage maybe another 7 years. So gonna remind him (eventhough is an assigned HR agency that is interviewing him):
- Ask abt the corporate culture (what beliefs & values that they hold on to in terms of co. strategy, growth prospects & how they view a person solely based on perf or character),
- the kind of pple that he might be working with (the general behaviorial traits), esp the head of the co. Pple fr diff countries portrait diff traits due to native country influence (a M'sia, a Chinese, a local, a U.S & a French is very diff)
- the physical working environment (jus hv a feel of it, some may thought this is neligble but in fact it may not, esp when one comes fr MNCs)
- HR practices & values (where do they stand in terms of the bal of work & family life

"At the end of the day, i know he wants a change and needs a change. So i pray that God you'll go be4 us to lay the path for him. And also thru this incidence, continue to mould his character into a man after Your Heart, that he'll draw strength and assurance fr you, in jesus' name I pray. Amen"

No comments: