Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sober Reflection

Have been thinking a few things last nite. I guess this is the + & - of being a hsewife. Got time to do reflection, ha ha sometimes can think too much and bo liao hee

1. 1st abt upkeep of the blog. What do i write? What I done for the day (then every posting will be almost the same, sweep floor, cook what dish etc), what thoughts I hv? Regardless, good or bad? Interesting. So the blog can serve as a gd reflection (for myself & hopefully for those who read) of how i spend my days. Also I never really hv a proper diary be4, so when writing blog, who to I address it to? So the blog is it for myself or somebody to read? Baring your heart & soul...on blog...wow sound so scarly..? Mm after thinking thru if i write in the perspective that I'm writing to God then I know i can be totally transparent (share my good & evil thoughts ha h a) and fearless (really glad to know Him) and no need to worry how pple may see me

2. Read the bible be4 i slept last night. Passage Luke 14: 1-35. (Ya the gd part of blog is to discipline myself to spend time with God). It speaks to me and remind me:
- To be humble. "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted". To be this sounds complicated and sometimes, exaltation & humility can be grey....Ha ha talking abt grey...came across someone saying from a drama series that caught my attention...something like that "It'll be easy if things is just black or white. Many may think that black is bad and white is good but in fact the most dangerous is grey"
I truly agree with that!!

- "Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?" -> Even since I've become a hsewife, i am worried or bother by this. (hee doc said i m a natural worrier & its true, i think too much, hence God always need to assure me time & time again, not to worry...lost count). Am i a light to the world by being a hsewife? And juz a hsewife? Till now I do not hv a definite answer.

But 1 thing i hold onto is to do (or try to hee) a good job as a hsewife. I remembered some time back when i struggle with this qn and asked dear dear, he gave me a wise answer. Excel as a housewife just as if you are working. Do well in the chores you do. True never thought of it. To me then is to do well in corporate world than consider contribution. So i tried my best.

Yet I know deep down in my heart i still struggle with an issue - "let your light shine". Am i lighting the world, am i sharing God's word to the world. I know i am not. And that really make me feel guilty. For all that God that done to me these yearsss, i did nothing in return. Suddenly now there is this tiny voice reminding me that He loves me, I no need to do anything. Ya i guess life with God is to enjoy him and enjoy what he has for me. You can be at your 80s and yet can't fully comprehend life & God i guess hee...

-------wow didn't know I write so much already hee----i m well known for being lo soh by sky (hee my dear dear's nickname)

No comments: