Friday, February 23, 2007

A Time of Waiting

Today woke up early as last night slept early and well. Brought Toby down for early morning walk. Saw people going to work and elders doing excercise. What a sight.

My heart was a bit troubled as realised that i hvn't been working for close to a year. No career and no baby. Kind of sad and feel that i m a burden to dear dear. Yet without fail, each time God and dear dear will be there for me. I am really very blessed. Always be reminded that weeping last a night, rejoice comes in the morning.

Indeed it came. 1st was dear dear assurance words then came God's. Was doing quiet time, dunno what came into my mind that today is Monday and flip to Mon passage and there it came, "The Disciples' Grief Will Turn to Joy". Jn 16:17 - 24. v22 "So with you: Now is your time of grief, but i will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. v23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. v24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

How assuring are God's words! His words give me the courage to continue for the path ahead. He never promise that life will be a bed of roses. I am just so thankful to God. He is always here for me. Thank you Lord.

I am now reading a book "The Heavenly Man" - a true story of a chinese christian Brother Yun who gave his life for Christ. I read the 1st 3 chapters and find him truely a man after God's heart. He is from Henan where there is no bible (at that time christianity was banned) but he thirst for one. For 3 mths, he fast and prayed. And miraculously, God delivered a bible to him. This book is really inspirational and you saw a man's faith and God's power.

How this book comes abt? Its from the korean missionary. Dear dear's vendor friend whose wife is a Korean serving the Lord. When dear dear 1st told me abt her, in my heart i just feel kind of connected, a strange unexplainable feeling. But as time past, it of faded. But the korean lady stills remember that i existed and passed the book thru her hubby to dear dear. And fr dear dear to me. She wanted to meet me. I too wld like to meet her. Hee dear dear so afraid that i may become a missionary (God knows what best for us)

Indeed there is plan for everyone. What's mine? Only God knows and i follow.

No comments: