Thursday, January 31, 2008

Its wed

Time really flies and w/o knowing its wed already. And i hv yet to update on my ski experience last Sat. Hmm not much pics except for those on dear dear's blog. Guess i was busy standing up and falling.

About the Ski trip
Overall, it was a nice experience up to the mountains at 9000ft. And by God's grace, i was fine w/o any altitude sickness. But when reached the mountains, it was so so cold with my layers of clothings that i had to get the hot drink.

The next thing was to get the ski set and poles. I have to tell u the ski and ski shoes weight a tonne!!! So so heavy and simply so hard to walk! Hmm in the end dear dear has to help me carry the ski while i took the poles ;p

We reached the place, oh ya called brighton at 8plus am while my lesson starts at 10.15am so in btw dear dear taught me a skill or not. Hmm just said it ain't help at all as with the ski on, every slope is slippery, regardless the gradient!!

When time was up, we were thkful that there was a bunch of his colleagues who were attending the training too so there my dear dear went to ski on his own with his room mate on higher slopes. I was really thkful for the coach, his name was alan, or shld i say uncle alan. He was really patient and helpful. In short, if we do not give up on ourselves, he won't. So many times i fell, he picked me up. Hmm i tried to pick up sometimes but can be very hard when u were stucked in snow bath with the 2 long ski!

Oh ya, i never fell so many times in my life but thkful the snow was so soft and fluffy that i fell no pain. EXCEPT for one time where i almost knocked into a snowboard boy. To break the impact i had to fall...hmm face down..that was the painful one on the neck but now ok.

Overall, dear dear was impressed by my perf as well as the coach. Not too bad for a 1st timer. But u know...when night came, i was reflecting as what gave me the courage to go onto the slope!! So steep (i mean too me) and the speed..i must be insane. (And dear dear and the rmmate were planning for another trip this wkend)...can faintz..(ok i m not feeling well that day ;p)

Ok the price set in on Sun till now, muscle ache; shoulder, legs, thighs, arms, neck..anywhere and everywhere. Felt like a robot but now slowly transforming into a human.

Oh ya the rmmate's wife is here. Her name is Alice. A nice lady, a bit of similarities in terms of likes and dislikes. For past 2 days had been spending time w her to get to know her better. That's why hardly hv time to update blog.

Nonetheless busy with cooking and grocery shopping. Now need to cook for addn person. Not easy but learning to cope. Eventually i had to if i had a family...hee ideally 4 la, if not 3 also can la.

Finally, my mil sms me!! Me?? Asked how am i doing, how yh, how toby. So surprise to see her sms. Will she think that i hv forgotten abt them aft i came here? Hmm...just say dear dear shld call back more often la. Guess also becos cny is rd the corner, they suddenly feel the absence.

And for my family and my Mr toby...they are well. I called home every week...hee becos of toby. My mum said that he has put on weight cannot see much of the rib bones. Really hope so. Asked my sis to take pics but she forgot...next time i guess. But its really heartwarming to know that each time i talked to toby on the phone, he listened quietly as if he knows who i am. Hope so la.

Oh ya, my sis mms me to ask how i was. Really thkful for mms. She is planning to bring my mum or parents here to visit me. But still not concrete yet as i am worried for my parents as this is such a long journey here. Not sure if they can take it. One of yh's colleagues got economy class syndrome and was admitted to hospital immediately aft touched down. Hence, i am worried for my dad as he has high blood pressure. We see how 1st but won't be so soon. Shld be during spring.

I love them and miss them and my toby dog - the human dog. Did i share each time i watch animal channel i'll miss him alot but if i miss him, i'll watch the channel. Battle of emotions right ;p

No comments: